The following is an extract from the Booking terms:
12. Recording (video / audio / still photography)
The following terms apply only to the areas hired by the Organizer – ‘the Premises’:
– Conference room #1, in which the speaker presentations will take place, and an adjoining covered balcony.
– Conference room #2, adjacent to room #1, and an adjoining covered balcony.
The Organizer has appointed individuals to make official video recordings and take still photographs of the presentations, and they will be published online in due course. The Organizer will have sole copyright of these materials.
The term ‘Participants’ should be taken to include accredited media representatives.
DURING THE CONFERENCE:
1) STILL PHOTOGRAPHY (both rooms)
Participants are permitted to take still photographs during the conference, but they must obtain prior permission from the people they are photographing, other than speakers during presentations, when participants must be seated in the audience. Flash photography should not be used at those times.
2) VIDEO / AUDIO RECORDING
Participants are not permitted to make video or audio recordings in the room with any equipment, including cameras, mobile phones, cellphones or smartphones. The Organizers will have sole copyright of any materials recorded in contravention of this rule.
Participants are permitted to make video or audio recordings in the room with any equipment, including cameras, mobile phones, cellphones or smartphones. They must obtain the approval of Participants before making these recordings.
These rules are in place for a variety of reasons, including:
– consideration for the speakers, who deserve not to be distracted by flash photography during their presentations;
– the expectation of Participants for privacy in the room;
– the comfort and convenience of Participants in walking around the room without the risk of tripping over equipment, such as tripods supporting video cameras;
– the expectation of Participants to have a clear view of the presenters without video equipment and operators in their lines of sight.
3) CONTRAVENTION OF RULES
Participants who contravene the rules will be asked to desist from doing so. If they persist, they may be asked to leave the Premises, their security passes removed, and they will not be permitted to return to the Event. Nor will they be entitled to any financial compensation from the Organizer.